This article will explain you how to install new firmware versions on your Digital Video Recorder (DVR). Then, it will guide you through the process of adding your DVR to your account.
Install V2.1 firmware (recommended)
we recommend to install version V2.1, since this is the stable version. Support for V2.2 is still under development
- Download the V2.1 firmware (download links are at the bottom of this page).
- Open your device in the internet browser on your computer;
- Go to the "Configuration" tab;
- On right side, go to "Remote configuration" and then to "Maintenance";
- On the "Maintenance" page, you will see the "Remote upgrade" section;
- Click the "Browse" button and select the .dav file from the location you just saved the firmware file in;
- Click "Upgrade";
- The device will be rebooted after the update (you will see a message when the update has finished);
Install V2.2 firmware
- Download the V2.2 firmware (download links are at the bottom of this page).
- Copy the unpacked firmware( "DM8107_KY2013_V2.2.10.dav" ) to your flash disk.
- Connect a screen, a mouse and your flash disk to the DVR.
- Open the DVR interface;
- Click the right mouse button and, from the drop-down menu, select the "Menu" option;
- After clicking the "Menu" option, you will see a password field;
- Enter the password (when you click on password field, you will see virtual keybord where you can enter your password using the mouse) and click the "OK" button;
- In the "Menu" window, select "Maintenance". You will now see "System Maintenance" window.
- In the "System Maintenance" window, select "Upgrade" and select the firmware file at the right side of the screen.
- After selecting the firmware file, click the "Upgrade" button;
- You will probably see a popup now - press "ok". You should see the upgrade progress;
- After the firmware is updated, the device will be rebooted.
- Now, after the upgrade has finished, the device should be reset to the factory defaults and re-added to the client.
Add the DVR to your account
After the upgrade, you can add the device to your account:
- Open the Cameramanager client;
- In the camera tree, press "Add # new cameras" button (# is the number of available cameras on your network)
- On the wizard page, click "Select" - you will now see list of the available devices in your network;
- Select your device from the list of available devices and click the "+" button;
- Press "Next";
- On the "Camera name" page, give a name to each of the device's channels and click "Next";
- On the "Camera type" page, select "Add as plug and play" and click "Next";
- Now, the initial configuration will be set on the device and it will be rebooted;
- When the initial configuration is finished, you will see a password page - enter your password and click "Next";
- On the storage page, select "Use on-camera storage" and click "Next". If there is no storage on the device you will see an error message;
- If the device's storage is not empty, you will get a message if you want to format it. IMPORTANT: If you format your device's storage, all data on it will be lost and unrecoverable!;
- Press "Next";
- On the "Schedule" page, select the schedule options you want and click "Next";
- On the "Motion detection" page, select and configure the motion area(s) you want and click "Next";
- Click "Finished";