Cameramanager go! is easy to install by following the steps below.
1. Connect the camera to the router
Remove the cover on the back of the camera. Connect the camera to the router by inserting the end of the supplied Ethernet cable into the LAN/Ethernet port of the router. Insert the other end of the cable into the LAN/Ethernet port of the camera.
2. Connect the camera to the mains
Connect the camera to the mains using the supplied adapter. When the adapter and the Ethernet cable are correctly connected, the lamp on the camera will turn green after a few minutes.
3. Install the application
Go to www.cameramanager.com/download. Download and open the installer. After opening the installer, follow the instructions on the screen. Versions are available for both Windows and Mac.
If you do not want to download the application, use our online Java application. You can start the online Java application after logging in to the Cameramanager website.
4. Start the application
For Windows: go to ‘Start’, Click ‘All Programs’ and select the program ‘Cameramanager’. For Mac: open the ‘Cameramanager’ program in ‘Programs’. After opening the program, enter your login details in the pop-up screen. You can obtain your login details from your point of sales. Click ‘Start’ to start the application.
5. Add the camera to the application
After starting the application, the main screen is displayed. The installation wizard for adding a camera opens automatically when you add a camera to your account for the first time. If the wizard does not open automatically, click ‘Add new camera’ at the bottom left. Add the camera by clicking 'Auto connect' behind the model of the camera concerned. The camera will be installed automatically. After installation, assign a name to the camera and leave the pop-up window open.
6. Add the camera to a Wi-Fi network
Have to hand the name of your Wi-Fi network (SSID), the communication mode, the type of encryption (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.) and the password when you add the camera to the Wi-Fi network..
- Click ‘Configure wireless connection’ in the pop-up window of the installation wizard;
- A new pop-up window opens. Some fields will be prefilled. Modify the fields by typing in the name of the Wi-Fi network (SSID), the communication mode, the type of encryption (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.) and the password. Click 'Save';
- Remove the Ethernet cable when the wizard indicates that you should do so. The camera now switches automatically to the connection via the Wi-Fi network.
Note: the application does not give an error message when the SSID or the password is incorrect. However, the lamp on the camera will remain orange and not turn green, approximately one minute after removing the LAN/Ethernet cable. If the lamp does not turn green, remove the power from the camera, reconnect the LAN/Ethernet cable and the power and re-enter the details for Wi-Fi .
8. Download Cameramanager apps for smartphone and tablet
You can also use Cameramanager on your smartphone or tablet, allowing you to manage your cameras and view videos while on the move. You can download these apps from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Contact your point of sales if you have any questions about the installation of the camera and the use of the Cameramanager application.